Here you go.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from alcfpxy2.att.com on May 01, 2001 at 15:02:49:

In Reply to: To Dakota and other hat experts re. PB final ordering specs posted by Indy Sean on May 01, 2001 at 13:25:02:

: Dakota:

: Fedora already told me I need to give Joe the unbashed crown height and hat size, but I wanted to get the specs you gave Joe for your since I like your hat so much. Would you mind emailing me them?

: Also, and this is for any other PB hat owners out there, do I need to tell him a certain color, he says there are 8 colors on his website, and will he put a black petersham ribbon if i ask for one? and what is the issue with a large interior sweatband, do I have to ask for a narrower one and if so, do I have to specify the width? Please add anything I might have missed-I am getting this PB because everyone here speaks so highly of it and I want it to be perfect.

: Thanks as usual to all my fellow Indyfans,

: -IS

You see, I really liked the look of the HJ pictured at IndyGear. I wanted a more generic look. When I got the hat, the felt was very stiff. I did two things right away; I ironed the brim flat and while it was pliable, I reshaped it.(Joe had put a bit too much downward pitch to the brim) Then I steamed the crown and pinched the front a little tighter. Go to Peters Brothers Indy page and look at the hat next to the one with the teardrop bash and no dimensional cut. That's mine turning around there the way it looked when I got it.
Ask Joe to go easy on the stiffener, and for the smaller sweatband and the white liner. And ask for the double bow in the ribbon. Joe has done black ribbon, Hector I think, got the black ribbon and no dimensional cut. Is it petersham? I don't know, but Joe uses a very good quality ribbon thats not very shiney.
Oh,in the rear shot of Indy, that's Ford rehearsing the scene where he catches her. You'll notice the way the brim curls up in the left rear and not on the right rear? Exactly how it is in the Peruvian temple scenes, which were shot just before the Well of Souls scenes.
Same hat.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: