Re: FYI to future Flightsuit Customers...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-wq062.proxy.aol.com on May 16, 2001 at 08:45:37:

In Reply to: FYI to future Flightsuit Customers... posted by junior on May 15, 2001 at 23:43:35:

Not sure if you really mean the veg tanned seal brown or not because that's the only one I currently know of but if you're right about this chrome tanned seal brown I think I know why they like it. Of late (since I'm planning to take a trip to FS for a tour and fitting) I've been talking to the fine people at FS and they've told me of the fact that FS has been leaning towards their chrome tanned hides for the Expedition because of the fact it is a leather that brakes in faster and has a superior drape (they said something about it being more of a fashion leather?). Anyways, because there is a big draw to the veg seal brown, and our pal Patterso can definately reccommend this fine leather, and since it also is a match in color to the original Raiders jacket Patterson saw it's a popular hide. Plus this hide was originally bought for another jacket FS carries, they seem to run out of veg tanned goat from time to time. So to me it'd make sense to come up with a chrome seal brown to fill the veg tanned hides' nitch as a Expedition leather, but then again their logic may have other variables added to it or I could be completely wrong and this early morning rambling is just a jacket junky's way of venting.

So addicting,
West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: