Re: Indy and the Raiders

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 1:21pm :

In Reply to: Indy and the Raiders posted by James from cae26-117-201.sc.rr.com (66.26.117.201) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 10:59am :

: It won't detract from my enjoyment of the new dvds, but I still agree with the purists who are unhappy with the title change. Since these titles will not be sold individually, I don't see why the 'Indy and the' addition was needed. For this set (which is the one all of the purists will own anyway), they should've compromised and retained the original titles. Later on, if they make them available separately, they could re-instate the new title and no one would really care.

: You do realize, of course, that we'll probably never see 'Star Wars' on dvd? I can hear the outcry now when the new cover art for 'A New Hope' is released in between episodes III and V.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But “Star Wars” (the first movie made) was always titled “A New Hope”. Just because nobody ever called it that, doesn’t mean that that’s not what it always was. It makes no thematic sense to have the little outside “Star Wars” logo that surrounds the title of each movie surround the words “Star Wars” for episode four. Just my two cents. Cheers

PS- As far as Indy goes it makes more sense to have the "Indiana Jones and the Raiders" title with the box set. If they released it individually they could've left it as plain Raiders, since it's not linked thematically. Of course, since they're releasing the movie wide screen and pan and scan, you'd have 4 versions of the same movie. That's a marketing nightmare. There'd be more angry fans if they did that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com